What kind of appetizer would the Viscolli Hotel Key West's "pretty amazing chef" serve in CHRISTMAS DIAMOND? This parfait is a wonderful and delicious mix of fresh avocado and Ahi tuna lent a sweetness by Florida orange juice, and topped with local contrasting tartness by Florida grapefruit juice. The citrus adds the perfect amount of acid to the flavorful tuna and nutrient-dense avocado. The combination of these simple ingredients will create a surprisingly rich and complex flavor you won't soon forget.
- freezer safe pan
- sharp knife/cutting board
- 4 small parfait glasses
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice
- 6 oz Ahi tuna minced
- 1 ea avocado
- 1 TBS red onion minced
- 2 TBS orange juice
- 1 TBS fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce (organic is best)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Pour grapefruit juice in thin layer no more than 1/2-inch thick in freezer-safe pan; place in freezer until frozen.Mash avocado.Mince tuna.Mince onion.Mince cilantro.
- Mix mashed avocado with orange juice, onion, cilantro, soy sauce and sesame oil.Divide half of the tuna among 6 2-ounce serving dishes.Layer half of the avocado over the tuna.Repeat with the remaining tuna and avocado.Scoop the frozen grapefruit juice out of the pan until it's a slush. Top the parfaits with the frozen grapefruit juice.Serve immediately.
Find this recipe and others in Christmas Diamond, book 5 of the Jewel Series!