Texas Pearl’s Famous Corned Beef Hash
The Texas Pearl was famous for its corned beef hash. You can serve this with sliced cheese on top, or top it with a fried egg. Make it the night before and heat it under the broiler for a healthy, delicious breakfast meal.
- sharp knife and cutting board
- measuring spoons
- 2 TBS olive oil (extra virgin is best)
- 2 ea medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt (Kosher or sea salt is best)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz cooked corned beef
- 1 ea white onion
- 1 ea sweet bell pepper
- 4 TBS unsalted butter
- Dice the corned beef.Finely dice the onion.Finely dice the green pepper.Peel and dice the potatoes
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until they start to brown, stirring regularly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the corned beef and cook, stirring, until it releases some fat and starts to brown. Add the onion, bell pepper. Cook, undisturbed, until brown and crisp on the bottom, about 6 minutes. Continue cooking, turning the hash as it browns evenly, about 15 more minutes.
Find this and other amazing recipes in Chasing Pearl, book 8 of The Jewel Series: