Welcome to this week’s edition of Christian Fiction Friday brought to you by me and my lovely and talented co-host, Alana Terry! This is a chance for Christian authors to post short snippets from their works in progress! Easy and fun!
Here is my offering for the week, from my current work in progress, Flight of Faith, Part 7 of the Virtues and Valor Series.
“We aren’t going to make it!” Helen yelled as she struggled with the controls.
“Just lost the left engine,” her copilot Harold Curtis said, looking beyond Helen to the burning wing. Less than a second later, the entire plane shuddered as another antiaircraft burst exploded right next to them, causing her to rapidly start losing altitude.
“You need to find me a place to set this baby down or else we’re going to be in a heap of trouble,” she managed to say as she stood and used the weight of her body to try to control the yoke. Some part of her brain told that right now she ought to feel absolute terror, but she didn’t have time for that. Maybe later, when this was over, would she take time and react to the fact that she was crash landing into enemy territory, into a country in which she did not speak the language.
Now, link your Christian Fiction Friday! Here are the rules:
1. Christian Fiction Friday is a blog hop where authors post short (400-ish words or less) snippets from their current works in progress (not published pieces).
2. Keep it PG-13 or lower. No swearing, no sex scenes. If you have a particularly violent scene or deal with a heavy or controversial subject matter, please include a disclaimer at the beginning of your post.
1. Visit at least some of the other Christian Fiction Friday authors each week and comment on their blogs.
2. Don’t offer critiques unless the author specifically asks for it in his or her post.
3. Please include this blurb at the end of your weekly post:
I’m so grateful for your visit, today. If you’d like to receive a weekly email of blog posts and popular social media stories, sign up here. You would bless me if you added me to your feed reader or subscribed via email. You can also become a fan on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. I would love to see more of you!