Happy New Year!
I have had an eventful and rather incredible 2014. I traveled so many places and met so many amazing readers and writers. I have developed friendships with people I never would have met otherwise, and found encouragement and inspiration everywhere I went.
One thing I discovered by traveling was that I seem to be unable to write in a hotel room. I thought I would be able to spend all that time away from my home, family, and responsibilities and just delve into writing projects. It turns out that wasn’t the case, and my writing goals got shifted every month.
Despite that, even with traveling two or three times a month, I released Iron Skillet Man, the Stark Truth About Pepper and Pots; A Carol for Kent, Book 3 in the Song of Suspense Series; and started the serialized story of Virtues and Valor by releasing Temperance’s Trial, Homeland’s Hope, Charity’s Code, and A Parcel for Prudence.
In 2015, I have a lot more writing coming to me than traveling. I will be releasing the rest of the Virtues and Valor series starting with book 5, Grace’s Ground War, on January 19th, Mission of Mercy on February 17th, and the conclusion, Flight of Faith, on March 17th.
In 2015, I’ll also be publishing the 4th Song of Suspense book, A Harmony for Steve.
After Harmony releases, I’ll be working on another sibling trilogy similar in style and genre to The Jewel Series about triplet Russian brothers. I’m very excited about that trilogy and pray that it is as emotionally charged as the Jewels have proven to be.
I’ll be bringing you regular character interviews. If you have a favorite character, send me a question to ask them in their interview!
And, as always, I’ll have regular Christian author guests and fantastic giveaways.
Thank you for starting the year with me. I hope that you have a fabulous year ahead and look forward to sharing it with you!
I’m so grateful for your visit, today.
You would bless me if you added me to your feed reader or subscribed via email.
You can also become a fan on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. I would love to see more of you!
Happy New Year! I’m writing this post with my phone. My kids were at my parents’ house for a couple of days, and Scott came down with Type A influenza. So, I left home in a hurry to do the 5-hour-drive, and inadvertently left my computer at home. But, I can still do this blog post, clumsy as it may be! It has been an incredible year. I have been amazed and humbled by the way God is using me and developing my ministry.
Here are my writing goals for 2014:
1. Publish the serialized Virtues and Valor novellas. This will be one continuous story about a rescue mission of a female spy in World War II, with each book having a different character’s point of view. There will be 8 total stories, and the plot will not conclude until the final story. I will publish one a month, or one every two weeks once I start. I’m really looking forward to it.
2. Publish A Carol for Kent, book 3 in the Song of Suspense Series.
3. Begin my Renkoff Brothers series, love stories involving triplet brothers of Russian immigrants. I LOVE the Renkoffs.
4. Bring back my Readers Write to Know author interviews on Wednesdays, and have a giveaway with each interview.
5. Launch Muse Mondays linky as a way to connect to other author blogs.
5. Attend the American Christian Fiction Writers Conference, the Romance Writers of America Conference, and the Romance Novel Writers Conference. I will also be at several other events including the Arizona Dreamin’ and RomCon.
6. Have some form of a speaking or book signing event at least once a month.
7. For Olivia Kimbrell Press, my husband, Gregg, and I hope to expand our ministry to include assisting other indie published Christian authors. More details will come about that as our ministry develops. We’ve joined the Christian Small Publishers Association as the first step.
I also developed goals at Hallee the Homemaker, including my cookbook goals. You can find them at this blog post.
What are your goals for the coming year?