Robin’s Roast Beef Sandwiches
- roasting pan
- measuring cups/spoons
- sharp knife/cutting board
- 3 lb bottom round beef roast
- 2 tsp salt (Kosher or sea salt is best)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 TBS olive oil (extra virgin)
- 8 ea onion rolls
- 1 ea large sweet onion
- 1 ea large green pepper
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 2 TBS unsalted butter
- mayonnaise to taste
- In a skillet large enough for the roast, heat the extra virgin olive oil. Place the roast in the oil and brown each side just until browned.
- Remove and place in roasting pan. Add about 1/2 cup water. Bake at 350º F (180º C) for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Thinly slice the onion and the pepper.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and the pepper. Let cook, slowly, until the vegetables are soft. Remove from pan.
- Split each onion roll in half. Slather with mayonnaise. Place cheese on one side of the bread and a generous helping of roast beef on the other. Top the beef with the onion and pepper. Serve with plenty of paper towels for this wonderful, messy sandwich.
Find this and other recipes in Topaz Heat, book 4 of the Jewel Series!