Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup
- cookie sheet
- slow cooker
- measuring cups/spoons
- sharp knife/cutting board
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 slices bread crusts removed
- 2 medium onions finely diced
- 2 lbs roma tomatoes
- 2 ea sweet red peppers
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS olive oil extra virgin
- salt to taste Kosher or sea salt is best
- ground black pepper to to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F (180° degrees C).
- On a cookie sheet, drizzle tomatoes and peppers with olive oil. Toss to coat. Arrange and roast for 20 minutes or until skins have blistered.
- Add garlic, onion, cumin, and coriander and roast for five additional minutes.
- Let cool. Remove skins from the tomatoes and peppers and roughly chop.
- Set slow cooker to high heat. Put in the roasted vegetables and the broth. Cook for 2 hours.
- Add bread, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 50 minutes.
Find this and other wonderful recipes in Hallee Crockpotter and the Chamber of Sacred Ingredients!