Madeline’s Homemade Potato Chips
- sharp knife/cutting board or mandalin
- deep fryer or deep pan
- paper towel lined plate
- slotted metal spoon
- 3 ea organic potatoes skin on
- safflower or organic canola oil
- salt to taste (Kosher or sea salt is best)
- Thinly slice the potatoes. The best way to get the thinnest, most even cut is to use a mandolin slicer or food processor. I prefer to keep the skin on mine.
- Heat your oil to 375° degrees F (190° degrees C).
- Gently slide the sliced potatoes into the hot oil, one slice at a time (or else they’ll stick together). The oil is going to immediately bubble all around the slice. Only put enough in the oil for a single layer.
- As they cooks, they're going to curl up and start to crisp. Once they curl up, try to turn them over (some don’t make it over – that’s fine) and keep cooking until they start to brown.
- Using the slotted spoon, remove them from the oil and place on a paper towel to drain. Sprinkle with salt.
Find this and more recipes in Christmas Star Sapphire, book 6 of the Jewel Series!