Leanne’s Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- 24 ea jumbo shells
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
- 15 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 ea large egg
- 2 TBS fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt (Kosher or sea salt is best)
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C)
- Thaw the spinach and drain. Wring in a towel to get all moisture out of it.
- Slice the basil.
- Shred the mozzarella and the Parmesan (keep separate)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the spinach, ricotta, 1 cup of mozzarella, ½ cup Parmesan, egg, basil, salt, and pepper until thoroughly combined. Pour 2 cups of the marinara sauce into the bottom of a 13×9 inch baking dish. Stuff each pasta shell with a generous amount of the spinach and ricotta mixture. Place in the baking dish.
- Cover with the remaining sauce and top with the remaining cheeses. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking approximately 10-15 minutes, or until the top begins to brown and the sauce begins the bubble.
Find this and other wonderful recipes in The Seven Year Glitch: