Roasted Bass with Anchovy Tomato Sauce
- 1.5 lbs bass filets
- 2 TBS olive oil extra virgin
- 2 TBS unsalted butter
- salt to taste (Kosher or sea salt is best)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 TBS drained capers
- 4 ea anchovy fillets
- 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp lemon juice (use fresh lemon and reserve slices for garnish)
- Clean and prepare the fish fillets, if needed.
- Heat oven to 400° degrees F (200° degrees C).
- Heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add fish.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper. Brown fish, then turn and brown other side.
- Remove the fish from the pan and place on an oven-safe plate or baking dish. Place in oven.
- Leave in oven until cooked through (about 5-10 minutes depending on thickness of fillets.)
- Reduce heat on stove to medium. Add the onion. Cook until onion is soft. Add garlic and anchovies. Cook, stirring regularly, until the anchovies break up—about five minutes. Add tomatoes and 1 tsp lemon juice (to taste). Turn heat to high. Bring pan to boiling, stirring regularly. Cook until tomato sauce thickens.
- Return the fish to the pan. Turn to coat with sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon slices.
Find this and other amazing recipes in Daisy’s Decision!