Harmony’s Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables
- bowl with lid
- grill or sheet pan
- 3/4 cup olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 TBS chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 TBS chopped fresh thyme
- 1 TBS chopped fresh basil
- 1 TBS chopped fresh oregano
- 1 ea eggplant
- 1 ea zucchini
- 1 ea yellow squash
- 1 ea red bell pepper
- 1 ea green bell pepper
- 1 ea large red onion
- 2 ea large portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp salt (kosher or sea salt is best)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Mince the garlic.Whisk the oil and vinegar together. Add the garlic, spices, salt, and pepper.Slice the vegetables about 1/2 inch thick. Place in bowl and cover. Toss with the marinade.Heat a grill or set the oven to broil, or bring to about 500° degrees F (260° degrees C).
- Grill over flame until grill marks appear on the flesh of the eggplant. Or, cook under broiler just until the flesh starts to sizzle and brown. Using tongs, turn the vegetables over and repeat.
Find A Harmony for Steve in the Song of Suspense series!