Welcome to the first edition of Christian Fiction Friday brought to you by me and my lovely and talented co-host, Alana Terry! This is a chance for Christian authors to post short snippets from their works in progress! Easy and fun!
Here is my offering for the week: four paragraphs from my current work in progress, Flight of Faith, Part 7 of the Virtues and Valor Series.
Eddie’s voice sounded quiet, so quiet that Helen wondered if she was the only one who heard the slight edge of menace. “That ain’t funny, Troy.”
“I said I’m going. I’m leaving for England. In the morning.”
JoAnn stood. “Don’t be foolish. There’s a war on. The seas aren’t safe. I know you read about the Lusitania!”
“I’m not sailing.” Helen swallowed and lifted her chin. “I’m flying. I’m flying Texas Diamond over and I’m going to volunteer. Just like Eddie did.”
Now, link your Christian Fiction Friday! Here are the rules:
1. Christian Fiction Friday is a blog hop where authors post short (400-ish words or less) snippets from their current works in progress (not published pieces).
2. Keep it PG-13 or lower. No swearing, no sex scenes. If you have a particularly violent scene or deal with a heavy or controversial subject matter, please include a disclaimer at the beginning of your post.
1. Visit at least some of the other Christian Fiction Friday authors each week and comment on their blogs.
2. Don’t offer critiques unless the author specifically asks for it in his or her post.
3. Please include this blurb at the end of your weekly post:
I’m so grateful for your visit, today. If you’d like to receive a weekly email of blog posts and popular social media stories, sign up here. You would bless me if you added me to your feed reader or subscribed via email. You can also become a fan on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. I would love to see more of you!