Welcome to this week’s edition of Christian Fiction Friday brought to you by me and my lovely and talented co-host, Alana Terry! This is a chance for Christian authors to post short snippets from their works in progress! Easy and fun!
I haven’t written anything new in the last couple of weeks, so I’m bringing you a snippet from my recently released A Parcel for Prudence, book 4 in the Virtues and Valor Series:
Muriel reached for the coffee pot on the stove, but yanked her hand away quickly, shaking it to ward off the burning heat that came from touching the hot handle.
“Sorry there’s no kitchen staff this morning but there’s a war on after all. First time making coffee with your own two hands?”
At the sound of Praetorian’s voice, she jumped and spun around. He’d left the cottage after their exchange yesterday and never returned. Unsure of what to do, Muriel had spent the day fasting and praying and preparing for what lay ahead. She felt good today, centered, energized.
“I had a lesson at the camp,” she replied. “I just forgot to get the towel for the handle.”
His mocking look made her want to grit her teeth. “They taught you how to make coffee?” With a snort, he used a towel to lift the coffee pot. He poured himself a cup but did not offer one to her. “Rather odd training for a school of espionage.”
“Perhaps, but they recognized I knew nothing and would have to pass as a simple French girl. So, I had classes in all sorts of the day-to-day mundane.”
He stared at her for a long time before speaking. “Interesting.”
With a forced polite smile, she replied, “Indeed.”
“Tell me. Did you receive training in dusting, darning socks, or washing underclothes? If so, I may have a few chores for you before handing you your field assignment.”
“I can barely wait to inform Joseph that you asked me to launder your soiled undergarments.”
Praetorian frowned. “I pray you live that long.”
Muriel took a deep, calming breath. “I fully intend to reunite with my husband the moment this awful war is over.”
Now it’s your turn! Just link your Christian Fiction Friday! Here are the rules:
1. Christian Fiction Friday is a blog hop where authors post short (400-ish words or less) snippets from their current works in progress (not published pieces).
2. Keep it PG-13 or lower. No swearing, no sex scenes. If you have a particularly violent scene or deal with a heavy or controversial subject matter, please include a disclaimer at the beginning of your post.
1. Visit at least some of the other Christian Fiction Friday authors each week and comment on their blogs.
2. Don’t offer critiques unless the author specifically asks for it in his or her post.
3. Please include this blurb at the end of your weekly post:
I’m so grateful for your visit, today. If you’d like to receive a weekly email of blog posts and popular social media stories, sign up here. You would bless me if you added me to your feed reader or subscribed via email. You can also become a fan on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. I would love to see more of you!