Welcome to this week’s edition of Christian Fiction Friday brought to you by me and my lovely and talented co-host, Alana Terry! This is a chance for Christian authors to post short snippets from their works in progress! Easy and fun!
HOW is it the middle of May?? This month is flying by! Today I’m bringing you and excerpt from my upcoming novella Valor, which will be an addition to my Virtues and Valor Series:
Charlene waited and finally raised an eyebrow in inquiry. “I find this information extremely interesting, gentlemen. I must ask again, what all this has to do with me?”
Schäfer spoke again, this time in flawless German such as might be overheard in the halls of the Bundesrat. “The woman assigned to be my wife is ill. Her condition is very grave. The timing of this operation is vital. To come directly to the pont, I need a new wife. Your father, the General, has volunteered you … pending your consent of course.”
A proper young lady would feel horror at the prospect. She knew that and tried to stamp down the surge of excitement that suddenly flooded her chest. She prayed her dash of powder masked the color she knew rushed to her cheeks. Also in German, she replied, “I beg your pardon? Don’t you have any other trained women to do this kind of work?”
“Charlie,” Her father cautioned in the same language, “Everyone here is not as fluent as you and young Master Schäfer.”
Schäfer clicked his heels before reverting to English, “My apologies, sir. Gentlemen. I was simply explaining the situation to Young Miss Radden. I confess, I also wanted to verify her fluency.”
Her father nodded, obviously appreciating this young man’s keen mind. In English, he said, “Very well. Charlie, we don’t have another woman whose nanny taught her to speak German like a native as you do. Nor do we have a woman fluent in German who has already successfully jumped from a balloon with a parachute as you have done – against my rather vocal objections at the time if memory serves,” her father replied.
“Father, you know I have only jumped the once, and only for a lark. Never in the dead of night into enemy territory.”
Now it’s your turn! Just link your Christian Fiction Friday! Here are the rules:
1. Christian Fiction Friday is a blog hop where authors post short (400-ish words or less) snippets from their current works in progress (not published pieces).
2. Keep it PG-13 or lower. No swearing, no sex scenes. If you have a particularly violent scene or deal with a heavy or controversial subject matter, please include a disclaimer at the beginning of your post.
1. Visit at least some of the other Christian Fiction Friday authors each week and comment on their blogs.
2. Don’t offer critiques unless the author specifically asks for it in his or her post.
3. Please include this blurb at the end of your weekly post: