Welcome to this week’s edition of Christian Fiction Friday brought to you by me and my lovely and talented co-host, Alana Terry! This is a chance for Christian authors to post short snippets from their works in progress! Easy and fun!
Today, I’m giving you a snippet of my upcoming book Valor, part 8 of The Virtues and Valor series.
“That’s our cue,” Leo said, slinging his bag over his shoulder. He lifted his pistol and fired, but the distance was too great for any real accuracy. He merely intended to provide Matthew cover fire as he grabbed his rifle. “Let’s go.”
Despite low crawling toward the cover of trees, they continued to receive fire. When Leo felt like it was safe to stand, he moved to a crouch and instanteneosly felt a searing pain rip through his stomach. He fell back to his knees and Matthew shot the uniformed soldier who stepped out of the treeline. As the man fell, Matthew reached toward Leo and grabbed him by his arm.
“I got you, Valor.”
If his arm hadn’t been around him, Leo would have collapsed. The pain took his breath away and caused nausea to swirl in his gut. Inside the treeline, he paused and leaned against a huge pine. Matthew pushed his nose into his face. “No stopping. We have to go.”
Shoring up whatever minuscule strength he had left in his limbs, he gripped his stomach with his hand and leaned into Matthew, who bore his weight and raced them through the woods.
Now it’s your turn! Just link your Christian Fiction Friday! Here are the rules:
1. Christian Fiction Friday is a blog hop where authors post short (400-ish words or less) snippets from their current works in progress (not published pieces).
2. Keep it PG-13 or lower. No swearing, no sex scenes. If you have a particularly violent scene or deal with a heavy or controversial subject matter, please include a disclaimer at the beginning of your post.
1. Visit at least some of the other Christian Fiction Friday authors each week and comment on their blogs.
2. Don’t offer critiques unless the author specifically asks for it in his or her post.
3. Please include this blurb at the end of your weekly post:
I’m so grateful for your visit, today. If you’d like to receive a weekly email of blog posts and popular social media stories, sign up here. You would bless me if you added me to your feed reader or subscribed via email. You can also become a fan on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. I would love to see more of you!