Welcome to this week’s edition of Christian Fiction Friday brought to you by me and my lovely and talented co-host, Alana Terry! This is a chance for Christian authors to post short snippets from their works in progress! Easy and fun!
Here is my offering for the week: five paragraphs from my current work in progress, Flight of Faith, Part 7 of the Virtues and Valor Series.
Suddenly, the antiaircraft fire ceased. No more explosions tried to rock them from the sky.
“Not good,” Harold murmured, looking out the window. “There’s no way this beast can out fly fighters.”
“I’m going to keep climbing. Maybe they won’t see us,” she said quietly. Then, because the plane was filled with intelligent, strong people, she yelled back to the cabin, “This ain’t right. They stopped shooting, but we’re pretty far from the coast.”
Harold added in voice intended to raise above the sound of the engines, “If you can manage, keep a look out the windows, lads and lasses! The only reason they’d stop shooting is if they sent up fighters to bring us down!”
Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a tracer. Twisting in her seat, she looked as far behind the plane as she could and saw a glimpse of something in the moonlight. “Hang on!” she yelled. “They’re coming in low on our six.”
Now, link your Christian Fiction Friday! Here are the rules:
1. Christian Fiction Friday is a blog hop where authors post short (400-ish words or less) snippets from their current works in progress (not published pieces).
2. Keep it PG-13 or lower. No swearing, no sex scenes. If you have a particularly violent scene or deal with a heavy or controversial subject matter, please include a disclaimer at the beginning of your post.
1. Visit at least some of the other Christian Fiction Friday authors each week and comment on their blogs.
2. Don’t offer critiques unless the author specifically asks for it in his or her post.
3. Please include this blurb at the end of your weekly post: