Welcome to this week’s edition of Christian Fiction Friday brought to you by me and my lovely and talented co-host, Alana Terry! This is a chance for Christian authors to post short snippets from their works in progress! Easy and fun!
My snippet this week is from the 3rd book in my recent Virtues and Valor series, Charity’s Code:
She kissed him soundly. But despite the triviality of its beginnings, this kiss felt somehow important. It felt bittersweet and frighteningly final. Her heart thundered in her ears and she suddenly wanted to just kiss him and kiss him and kiss him… and never stop. She desperately wanted all the clocks to stop ticking. She wanted all the trains to rust onto their tracks and stop moving. She urgently wanted this wretched war to end in the very next second so that she could just kiss her husband and pour every ounce of love she kept in her heart into him.
A shrieking train whistle startled her back to the present moment in which clocks still ticked, trains still rolled, and soldiers still made their way to the front lines. She opened her eyes as their lips parted and beheld the present reality, a reality in which wives still remained behind minding children, keeping busy, staying useful, and fearing every moment that the last time they had seen their husbands alive would be the very last time.
Now it’s your turn! Just link your Christian Fiction Friday! Here are the rules:
1. Christian Fiction Friday is a blog hop where authors post short (400-ish words or less) snippets from their current works in progress (not published pieces).
2. Keep it PG-13 or lower. No swearing, no sex scenes. If you have a particularly violent scene or deal with a heavy or controversial subject matter, please include a disclaimer at the beginning of your post.
1. Visit at least some of the other Christian Fiction Friday authors each week and comment on their blogs.
2. Don’t offer critiques unless the author specifically asks for it in his or her post.
3. Please include this blurb at the end of your weekly post:
I’m so grateful for your visit, today. If you’d like to receive a weekly email of blog posts and popular social media stories, sign up here. You would bless me if you added me to your feed reader or subscribed via email. You can also become a fan on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. I would love to see more of you!