Bobby Kent’s Beef Kabobs
When he moved back to Richmond, one of Bobby Kent’s first purchases is his grill. Here is a wonderful steak kabob recipe to be cooked on a grill.
- 8 metal or wood skewers
- good sharp knife
- 2 cutting boards (1 for meat, 1 for veggies)
- measuring cups/spoons
- small bowl
- pastry brush
- 1 lb beef boneless top sirloin steak
- 1 ea medium bell pepper
- 16 ea baby bella mushrooms
- 16 ea grape tomatoes
- 1 TBS chopped fresh dill weed (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS olive oil (extra virgin is best)
- 1 TBS honey mustard
- 1 tsp salt (kosher or sea salt is best)
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Thread the metal skewers with the steak and vegetables, using 3 pieces of steak and 2 of each vegetable between cubes of steak per skewer. Example: Steak, pepper, mushroom, steak, tomato, pepper, etc. (NOTE: Purple onion is an optional ingredient as well)
- Whisk the remaining ingredients in the small bowl.
- Place the skewers on the hot grill. Brush with the mixture.
- Cover and grill the kabobs 4 to 6 inches from medium heat.
- Grill for 15 to 18 minutes, turning and brushing kabobs 3 or 4 times with oil mixture until beef is desired doneness and vegetables are tender.
You can use any kind of veggies you want for this. Mix it up with some summer squash, colorful peppers, even some carrots!
Why did Bobby move back to Richmond? Read all about it in A Carol for Kent!
The Song of Suspense Series