Bobby Kent’s Beef Kabobs
- 8 metal or wood skewers
- good sharp knife
- 2 cutting boards (1 for meat, 1 for veggies)
- measuring cups/spoons
- small bowl
- pastry brush
- 1 lb beef boneless top sirloin steak
- 1 ea medium bell pepper
- 16 ea baby bella mushrooms
- 16 ea grape tomatoes
- 1 TBS chopped fresh dill weed (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS olive oil (extra virgin is best)
- 1 TBS honey mustard
- 1 tsp salt (kosher or sea salt is best)
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Thread the metal skewers with the steak and vegetables, using 3 pieces of steak and 2 of each vegetable between cubes of steak per skewer. Example: Steak, pepper, mushroom, steak, tomato, pepper, etc. (NOTE: Purple onion is an optional ingredient as well)
- Whisk the remaining ingredients in the small bowl.
- Place the skewers on the hot grill. Brush with the mixture.
- Cover and grill the kabobs 4 to 6 inches from medium heat.
- Grill for 15 to 18 minutes, turning and brushing kabobs 3 or 4 times with oil mixture until beef is desired doneness and vegetables are tender.
Why did Bobby move back to Richmond? Read all about it in A Carol for Kent!