Beef Brisket Sandwich with Kelly’s Barbecue Sauce
Slow Roasted Beef Brisket
- 4 lb beef brisket
- 1.5 cups beef stock
- 2 TBS salt Kosher or sea salt is best
- 1 TBS garlic powder
- 1 TBS onion powder
- 1 TBS ground black pepper
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 ea bay leaf crushed
Kelly's Barbeque Sauce
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 241 oz ketchup
- 2 ea lemons juiced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 TBS soy sauce fermented
- 2 TBS mustard
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt to taste Kosher or sea salt is best
FOR THE BRISKET
- Preheat the oven to 350°degrees F (about 176°degrees C).Trim the fat from the brisket.
- Mix the spices. Rub them all over the beef. Place in roasting pan and roast for 1 hour uncovered.
- Add the beef stock to the pan. Tightly cover with foil. Lower the temperature of the oven to 300°degrees F (about 148°degrees C), and continue cooking for 3 hours (or longer as needed) until fork tender.
FOR THE BARBECUE SAUCE
- In a small saucepan, heat the apple cider vinegar until hot – not boiling. Turn the heat off. Stir in the raisins. Let them sit in the vinegar until they're plump, about 20-30 minutes. Put into a blender.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender. Mix until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- If you like spicier sauce, add a dash or two of your favorite hot sauce.
FOR THE SANDWICH
- Pile sliced brisket on a soft bun. Douse with the sauce. Serve with coleslaw.
You can find this recipe on Kelly the Kitchen Kop’s website here.
Read more about Valerie and her Uncle Buddy in Valerie’s Verdict!