Those who know me know I’m a total planner junkie. I get drawn to planner displays in craft and office supply stores almost as fast as I get drawn to purse displays in department stores (another level for me.) I don’t even want to mention how much money I’ve spent on planner duds over the years.
I am always looking for that one planner that resonates with everything I need it to be, and one that won’t make me work too hard to use it to its fullest potential. I think I’ve found the one.
Because I’m always looking at planners, my social media has geared ads and toss them in my direction all the time. One early morning, I came across Passionate Penny Pincher’s 2022 planner. The highlights I could see on my phone at 4AM looked intriguing.
Then I read a one-star review that said something to the effect that this planner was designed for a middle-class woman who had nothing more to do that check boxes all day. I thought, “Lah! Sounds like my kind of planner!”
I love it. Here’s why:
- It has a daily chore checklist pre-filled with logical things (like dishes and making beds) but also showering and exercising. It’s not an invasive list, either.
- It has daily chores that if you do them, by the end of the week your house is clean.
- It has one special project each week, that if you do it regularly, your entire house is organized by the end of the year.
- There are budget worksheets, quarterly goals spaces that don’t require writing a thesis, seasonal cleaning checklists, Christmas checklists, and special company coming checklists. Even if you aren’t looking for boxes to check off daily (heh), it’s a good idea to run your eyes over the checklists to give you ideas and remind you of extra non-normal things that need to be done.
- There’s room in the daily blocks for menu planning.
- There’s a read-the-Bible-through-in-a-year plan that’s simple and brilliant.
- There’s room for me to write daily writing goals and plans as well as special events.
I won’t need multiple planners to organize all of the different aspects of my life. I can do it here, cleanly and concisely.
I’m super pleased with this planner and really look forward to how it will help me maintain all aspects of my life this year!
(Note: this is NOT a paid endorsement. This is entirely my own unsolicited opinion.)