This past year has been quite an incredible year. Our family moved last year the week before Christmas. It took weeks to get the house under control enough to be able to sit down and focus on writing – just in time to make the deadline for On The Ropes. I traveled and spoke and taught at a few dozen locations through the year, including going to Hawaii and then to Australia. In the midst of all that, I had some personal things that cropped up here and there and totally took all of the wind out of any sails I hoped to have in the writing department. I actually went weeks at a time without going into my office. I did manage to finish A Harmony for Steve, but those two books were the only things I managed to release in 2016, despite the production schedule I’d established a year before.
Now, I’m looking forward to next week when my kids are back in school. I have a brand new calendar with a brand new production schedule that goes through mid-2019. And, with that, I have come up with some new work goals:
- Write every work day for the full six hours of writing time allotted, whether something is trying to take the wind out of my sails or not.
- Publish at least one interview with a Christian author a week on my blog, with a special giveaway for my readers.
- Consistently write articles for Faithful, ACFW blog, and BookFun Magazine.
And, I also came up with some life goals:
- Exercise every day.
- Have a garden this year. I haven’t gardened in 3 years, and my soul misses it.
- Drink 100 oz of water a day.
- Take my kids to see no less than 4 stage productions in 2017.
- Send birthday cards to our family — something I always say I’ll do then somehow just never do.
- Give myself a little more grace than I usually give.
What kind of goals have you made this year?
I’m so grateful for your visit, today.
You would bless me if you added me to your feed reader or subscribed via email.
You can also become a fan on Facebook or follow me on Twitter. I would love to see more of you!