Welcome to this week’s edition of Christian Fiction Friday brought to you by me and my lovely and talented co-host, Alana Terry! This is a chance for Christian authors to post short snippets from their works in progress! Easy and fun!
I do realize that it’s Saturday. I think I was distracted by my daughter’s birthday Friday the 13th, and just didn’t get to my blog. So, a day late, here is my offering for the week, from my current work in progress, Flight of Faith, Part 7 of the Virtues and Valor Series. This book publishes on Tuesday, March 17th!
“What do you think you were about up there?” Captain Green bellowed.
Helen ducked under the nose of the blackened Avro Anson and stood toe to toe with a red-faced Captain Green. Irritation at the dressing down in front of the ground crew bristled up and down her spine. It caused her to mouth off, which she immediately regretted. “You mean besides out-flying the rest of your men?”
“The rest of my men did not break protocol.”
“Break protocol?” With exaggerated movements, she tapped her chin with her finger, then her eyes widened and she held that finger up. “Oh! You mean with the lights? Gee, Cap, I was just sayin’ howdy.”
“Sayin’ howdy?” he sputtered. He closed his eyes, as if praying for patience, then opened them and glared at her, his vivid green eyes staring her down and putting her into place much more quickly than any angry words he could speak. They almost shone in the night with their intensity and she knew she had crossed a line. “Faith, the second those lights came on, the aggressor had you in his sights and fired. You’re officially dead. Consider that for the next three days if you can. You’re grounded.”
Indignation huffed a sound from deep in her chest out of her. She had simply flashed her plane’s exterior lights off and on one time after the exercise concluded. It was almost a victory flash more than anything. “Three days? You can’t do that!”
“Oh, but I assure you that I absolutely can. In fact, I already have. It’s done. Take protocol seriously, like those men you’re up there flying with, and we shall never have to have this conversation again.”
Now, link your Christian Fiction Friday! Here are the rules:
1. Christian Fiction Friday is a blog hop where authors post short (400-ish words or less) snippets from their current works in progress (not published pieces).
2. Keep it PG-13 or lower. No swearing, no sex scenes. If you have a particularly violent scene or deal with a heavy or controversial subject matter, please include a disclaimer at the beginning of your post.
1. Visit at least some of the other Christian Fiction Friday authors each week and comment on their blogs.
2. Don’t offer critiques unless the author specifically asks for it in his or her post.
3. Please include this blurb at the end of your weekly post:Pin It