Welcome to this week’s edition of Christian Fiction Friday brought to you by me and my lovely and talented co-host, Alana Terry! This is a chance for Christian authors to post short snippets from their works in progress! Easy and fun!
My snippet this week is from my current work-in-progress, A Harmony for Steve, book 4 in the Song of Suspense Series:
When everyone had tasted his flesh, he used the ritual cloth to bandage his skin and stop the bleeding. Francis then intoned, “What else do you bring.”
Charles smiled and answered, “I bring an enemy for the flames.” With that, he lifted the Harmony Harper CD from the ground and offered it to Francis.
Francis grinned and stripped the cellophane from it, then removed the CD disk itself from the case. He allowed the case to fall to the ground. It would be an excellent place for Charles to hide a bootleg copy of Steven Slayer or some other true believer’s work.
Francis held the CD high and announced, “Nos vobis inimicus!” We bring you your enemy. Then he tossed the CD into the flames. Harmony Harper’s smiling face on the front of the CD melted as the flames engulfed it.e.
Now it’s your turn! Just link your Christian Fiction Friday! Here are the rules:
1. Christian Fiction Friday is a blog hop where authors post short (400-ish words or less) snippets from their current works in progress (not published pieces).
2. Keep it PG-13 or lower. No swearing, no sex scenes. If you have a particularly violent scene or deal with a heavy or controversial subject matter, please include a disclaimer at the beginning of your post.
1. Visit at least some of the other Christian Fiction Friday authors each week and comment on their blogs.
2. Don’t offer critiques unless the author specifically asks for it in his or her post.
3. Please include this blurb at the end of your weekly post:Pin It